Thursday, September 23, 2010

Bulk SMS, MMS ban in India

A verdict in the Ram Janambhoomi-Babri Masjid title suit case is expected soon in India. As a precautionary measures and to curb rumors, the Indian government has imposed ban on bulk SMS and MMS services till September 29,2010.It is temporary measure.Though India is strongly democratic country , no one take this action of Govt as unusual.
I just tried to see whather it is in force or not. I logged in to my http://www.160by2.com/ website, a free bulk sms sending website. I noticed that they have implemnted Govt order strictly. when I tried to send a message , It showed following screen.
The Same I tried with another site http://www.smsgupshup.com/ . This site let me post the messages , but SMS was not deliverd. I am sure due to ban they wouldnot not deliver too.
I daily recives many SMSes from Google SMS channels. It has also stopped since morning.
Good job done by India's Ministry of Communications & Information Technology.
Peace is the need of the hour... Technology may come later.

Write your comments....

No comments: